We are looking for 4 younger men singers – two tenors and two basses – to join Coro 94 this autumn.
- Coro 94 are directed by Michael Kibblewhite, well-known as a leading choral conductor in the UK and Europe. Coro 94 is a high quality, mixed voice choir of about 25 singers, most of whom are in the 20 – 45 year old age range.
- The choir usually rehearses for one full weekend per month in Old Harlow, Essex.
(Saturday 10am – 5pm, Sunday 10am – 3.30pm)
Members travel from many parts of the UK to attend rehearsals.
- Over the last few years, Coro 94 has toured regularly in the UK and Italy.
- The choir has recorded 2 studio albums to date, with the latest release being ‘Allus’ (2018). This album was recorded over a 3-day session at the world famous All Saints Church in Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk – the birthplace of Lord Admiral Nelson. ‘Allus’ is available to buy on CD, and also from all the major online streaming sites.
- Coro 94 will perform their first live concert for nearly 2 years in December 2021. Coro at Christmas will feature a rich selection of festive favourites, along with the Christmas music from Handel’s Messiah.
- In previous seasons (prior to the Covid pandemic), Coro 94 would usually perform several concerts per year, including fixtures in central London and the South-East.
- Up until the pandemic in 2020, Coro 94 had been invited back to St Paul’s Cathedral in London every year to lead the annual Family Carols service at St Paul’s Cathedral, on the final Saturday before Christmas. This was an annual commitment which was a great honour for Coro 94, and each year would see the choir performing in front of 3,000+ people from around the world.
Coro 94 sings a very broad repertoire of choral music: contemporary, renaissance, baroque, romantic, jazz and broadway. We give opportunities for members to sing solo parts, and to submit original compositions and arrangements for inclusion in concert programmes.
- Choir Atmosphere:
Coro 94 is an incredibly friendly and welcoming organisation. We are looking for singers who do not necessarily have lots of experience, but who love all types of choral music, who possess a pleasant voice, and who are excited at the prospect of joining this ambitious group and achieving a very high level of performance in an atmosphere of friendliness and fun.
Contact us for more information!
Comments are closed